- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 1 Roma tomato, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 rib celery, halved or about 1/3 cup chopped
- 1 thin slice of onion, peeled or approximately 1 Tablespoon chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 thin slice of yellow squash
- 1 thin slice of red bell pepper
- 1 thin slice of cabbage
- 1 mushroom
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Dash ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (70 g) cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup (50 g) canned corn, unsalted
- 2 ounces (60 g) tortilla chips
- Place broth, tomato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, squash, bell pepper, cabbage, mushroom and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 2.
- Remove the lid plug.
- Drop in chicken, jalapeños, olives, corn, and chips.
- Blend for an additional 1-5 seconds.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.